Texas Car and Motorcycle Accident Law Firm
Car-motorcycle accidents are common in both crowded cities and in isolated rural areas. Bikers who are injured in crashes with automobiles often hear these words spoken by the driver of the car afterward: "I didn't see the motorcycle." As bikers and personal injury professionals, we are very familiar with those kinds of claims, as well with other challenges that bikers face in accident scenarios:
- Law enforcement officers often make mistakes in their determination of "fault" in a motorcycle accident.
- Both police and the general public ― including jury members ― tend to carry a bias against motorcyclists in general, apparently based on the assumption that bikers are more likely to engage in risky conduct.
- People on motorcycles, both operators and passengers, tend to be thrown from the bike at the time of impact. There is no steel cage surrounding the biker or motorcycle passenger as there is for car drivers and passengers. Consequently, a biker injury tends to be much worse than lesser injuries suffered by occupants of an automobile:
- Road rash (major skin injury)
- Head injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Broken bones
Parking lots are sometimes dangerous places for motorcycles, as cars stop suddenly or pull out of parking places without warning. These sudden actions may cause a motorcycle rider to drop the bike and suffer an apparent single-vehicle accident that was in fact a consequence of another driver's actions.
If you have been injured in a car-motorcycle accident, however, your primary concern at this time may well be not so much how it happened as how you will cope with the aftermath. Led by Miguel Adame, an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer, our firm is here to help.
- We can help make sure that you have access to medical care, and that your doctor is paid from the correct sources.
- We can sort out insurance issues involving your motorcycle insurance, health insurance, homeowners' insurance, other motorists' insurance and/or insurance of any other involved party such as a property owner.
- We will sort out any state claims you may have.
- We are prepared to launch a thorough investigation designed to uncover the causes of the crash: road defects? Defective motorcycle parts and equipment? Driver error? Weather conditions?
- If the accident was fatal, we can help you pursue compensation that includes coverage of funeral costs for your loved one.
Rely on our knowledge and experience after you have been injured or your loved one has been killed in a motorcycle-car crash. Call us today.
At Adame Biker Law, you can be sure that we understand what you are going through after a crash involving your motorcycle and a car or truck. Miguel Adame and David DeCasper are not only devoted bikers, They are also determined Texas personal injury professionals, one a lawyer, the other a paralegal. We share the passions of motorcycle enthusiasts who frequent bike rallies like Roar by the Shore. We zealously represent victims of automobile-motorcycle accidents statewide, from Austin to Galveston and beyond. Call or e-mail the law offices to schedule a consultation.
Contact the law offices of Adame Biker Law to schedule a free initial consultation with an attorney after you have been injured or your loved one has died in a motorcycle accident in Texas or elsewhere.